Since I had not played in twenty years, I was very nervous before going to my first rehearsal with the Southern Winds. Once I was there, the other band members made me feel welcomed and put me at ease. I am slowly regaining my ability to play clarinet and I really enjoy being a member of the group!
SWCB had a huge impact on my transition when we moved to Georgia from New York three years ago. Continuing my clarinet playing was very important to me. Through SWCB I met musicians that opened doors for me for other musical opportunities. I cannot give SWCB enough credit for helping me create a new life here.
- I like music and like getting to know others. I also like helping others in the band!
- I get to play again!
- I like the friendly people!
- I am able to play with an ensemble and meet new people.
- I enjoy being in the Southern Winds because of the different types of music! And friends!
- I play with experienced musicians and meet new friends!
- I enjoy being in the Southern Winds because my fellow section members encourage me.
- I enjoy being in the Southern Winds because it gives me the feeling that I am contributing to producing beautiful music.